Services for Angel Investors and Venture Capitalists
What Sets Us Apart?
Why Stephen & the team at Beyond 50 Percent?
Breadth of Experience
Stephen has started and managed early-stage concerns successfully navigating cash flow, legal, accounting, systems integration, outsourcing, regulatory compliance, and more. With 18 years of experience in publicly traded circles, Stephen is able to bridge the resources and mindset of early-stage businesses with the expectations of growth and ROI, relating easily between founders and investors.
While there are best practices and foundational business principles it is also true that there are ways to implement those practices and principles that complement the character and skills of the founder and their team. We'll work to match what works in business to what works for the team.
Starting Up a Small Business
Starting up a business involves a lot of moving parts first-time founders may be unaware of and those serial entrepreneurs may want to delegate. We work with our client companies to get key components in place across:
- Standards & Regulatory Compliance
Operations Management Service
Pressure on a startup business is constant. How do you maintain and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of an early-stage business?
Early on it's all about keeping core best practices in mind while we put together the critical processes that build a foundation for growth, profitability and ROI.
Early Stage Cash Management
Getting a cash investment can take the pressure off of a founder allowing them to focus on product and business development. It can also act as a license to discount the importance of good cash stewardship. We help founders:
- Understand why keeping control of cash matters.
- Determine how cash comes into the business.
- Decide where to keep cash and why.
- Put the right controls in place for disbursing cash.
- Figure out what bank accounts to consider.
What is the early-stage company's ‘core competency’? We help our client companies:
- Decide what you want to focus on.
- Figure out what should be outsourced.
- Determine the criteria for an outsourcing partner.
- Ways to make outsourcing work over the long term.
Exit Strategy Planning
We tell our owner funded clients to start exit planning as soon as they begin the growth phase and/or at least five (5) years before they plan to sell or transfer ownership. For clients with outside investment, this timeline is often determined by a different set of expectations. We help bridge that gap by understanding the investors' expectations and incorporating them into the structure and operations of the investment business. We help founders focus on:
- Product documentation.
- Understanding and valuing the core business.
- Intellectual Property (IP) Evaluation & Protection.
- Growing the business to be independent of the founder.
- Process documentation.
- Key talent incentives & descriptions.
How Can We Help You? Let's Talk!